Re: [PROPOSAL] Better control center

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, [iso-8859-1] Kenneth Christíqua wrote:

> Here's a proposal, I would like you all to look at
>
> http://home1.inet.tele.dk/wandy_ch/ccproposal.html

Hmm. I totally agree that the Window Manager needs to be configured
through the Gnome Control Center; I'm just not sure how best it should be
implmented.

Each Window Manager has different things to configure, so a single capplet
isn't the answer. OTOH, for consistency all the WM capplets should look
and operate the same way (you shouldn't have two ways of selecting a
background image, one for both of your installed WMs).

The question therefore is, does one capplet detect and modify itself to
the current WM, or should capplets be produced for each WM.

James Green