Re: Leaving some apps out of task list on pager?

>: Is it possible with GNOME/Enlightenment to have some applications
>: not show up on the gnome pager's task list?  Basically I don't
>: want to have xbiffs show up.

There is a Gnome-specific window hint which applications can set, if
they don't want to be included in the window list the window manager
produces (which is used e.g. by the pager). I guess you could modify xbiff to
set this hint if nothing else works.

>I think it's currently possible via your window manager
>configuration, but I also think it's a great wishlist item for the
>pager. The pager is where people are going to look when they don't
>understand the window manager/pager applet distinction. I was just
>thinking about this last night. I imagine two methods:>
>(1) Right-clicking a task includes a "Don't list this task"
>    option. The general properties dialog would have a button for
>    restoring all tasks hidden by this method.
>(b) For "power users" the properties dialog allows you to define
>    regexes of window titles you don't want listed.

To me this makes more sense than applications having to ask not to be
listed. It's compatible with pre-Gnome apps and it leaves the
decision in the hands of the user, not the programmer.

 - Michael Rogers