GnoRPM feature and Re: Gnome su

In the same vein as the comment below I have a suggestion for gnorpm.
Would it be possible to prompt the user for the root password when they
attempt to install an rpm package as a normal user.

One use case would be the following. A user right-clicks an RPM icon in
gmc and selects "install this RPM". A dialog pops up prompting the user
for the root password for the install. If the password is correct, the
install is performed and the user is notified of the result.

I believe PAM could be used for the authentication. The benefit would be
that a normal user could quickly manipulate packages without bringing up a
terminal.

-FDS