Gnome su

I while ago I mentioned possibly making a modification to gnome-run so users could run certain apps (like gnorpm and gmc) as root, after giving a password. I just now noticed that in the CVS server, there has been a program called gsu, in gnome-utils/mini-utils.

It currently is not secure (at least it hasn't been audited), though as it is now, maybe a few finishing touches could be made, so it could be usable for a single user, or in someone's home. I would recommend seperating this package from gnome-utils, as a utility for those willing to take the security risk. Maybe it could install *.desktop files for programs like gshutdown and gmc (this also assumes gmc can open a single window without making desktop icons).

	Vincent Harvey
	http://www.mcs.net/~vharvey (don't go here now, still problems)