Re: GnoRPM feature and Re: Gnome su

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Federico David Sacerdoti wrote:

> I believe PAM could be used for the authentication. The benefit would be
> that a normal user could quickly manipulate packages without bringing up a
> terminal.

This would mean gnorpm has to be setuid root.  Not so cool.  A much better
way to do it would be to have a separate, audited setuid program, hmm,
sounds like su/sudo...  Sounds like gsu (if it's what I think it is).

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user