Re: Gnome on Solaris?

Sorry - I've been out for the office for the last few days.

I have to say that I'm *not* compiling with the SHM or in fact anything disabled
any more - I was at first, but since we got the latest Xserver into Solaris
8_alpha, it has no longer been necessary.  Maybe the Shared Memory issue has
been fixed?  Either way, the only configure opyion I use on anything now is
--prefix to set the install directory.

You wont have to wait for Solaris 8 to get this new Xserver - it should be in
Solaris 7 Update.

Mark.

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:07:57 -0700
> From: Brian Kurotsuchi <bkurotsu@lug.ee.calpoly.edu>
> To: "Mark R. Bowyer" <Moredhel@earthling.net>
> Cc: jgauthier@kamikaze.whiteboard.net, gnome-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: Gnome on Solaris?
>
> Yes, out of the tarball quality is going up on the Solaris side.  X crashes
> may be the result of the shared memory code which doesn't seem to work on
> Solaris.  I can't remember which ones they are, but always look in the
> "./configure --help" options and diable SHM stuff.  It should be imlib and
> gtk+ that have these options.
>
> And remember that I'm working on the binary packages...had some problems the
> first time around.
>
> BK
>
> Quoting Mark R. Bowyer (Moredhel@earthling.net):
> >
> > > From: jgauthier@kamikaze.whiteboard.net
> >
> > > I did.. Compiled everything by hand and got it working fairly well.
> > > It was a fairly older version too... .98 or something.
> > >
> > > My only complaint on non-linux systems: the /proc dependencies.
> >

> > This would be the libGtop stuff - and work is afoot to make that work on
Solaris
> > too =O)
> >
> > Otherwise, you should *really* try the latest Gnome cuts (1.0.5/1.0.8).
They