Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

[...]

| [1] Bertrand has been working in such a beast, perhaps we can reuse
|    some of his code.  I am just a bit concerned that the
|    implementation is in Objective-C, which means that people need an
|    objective-c compiler on their system to compile it.

I share your concern. On other systems than Linux, the vendor's compiler
usually is the best, but they often does not support Objective-C.
This probably means that you have to use egcs, which is not always a
good thing.

This mail client will certainly become one of the most important Gnome
applications. Therefore it is vital that it compiles easily on as many
platforms as possible.

Regards,

-trond