Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

opps...sent this message only to Miguel first.  Should have been to the list.
Here it is

> * Mail storage
>
>    This will handle the handling of the mail input backend, supporting
>    various existing setups: imap, pop, spool mail, Mailbox, MH. We can
>    steal the design for the interface from GNUS.

Please please please please.  Could we have support for disconnected imap??  I
have not yet found any mailprogram for unix that does support this.  Does
anyone know of such a thing?

Just as an explanation. There is three different ways of doing imap.
Connected, offline and disconnected.  Connected is obvious. Offline makes imap
work almost like pop, that is mails are downloaded from the server and then
removed from it.   Disconnected means that you have a local copy of all your
mailboxes.  So you can disconnect, work with your mail (delete, reply, write
new ones, move between mailboxes and so on) and then when you connect
everything is synchronized with the server.  Alot of people move between
computers and this would be REALLY great to have support for.

/Erik

--
                            \|/