Re: transparent gnome-terminal and enlightenment

Adam Powell wrote:

> It should- works for me with E-0.15.5 and gnome-core-1.0.5.  What problem is it
> giving you?  Not letting you switch to transparent?  Or switching back after you
> close the preferences?  I found the latter behavior, and reported it as bug
> #1003- check bugs.gnome.org and see if that matches what you're seeing.

I found out what the problem is: the gnome-terminal seems to look for a gnome
background.
But I used xv to put a random picture out of a directory to the background.
gnome-terminal
doesn't seem to recognize them, which is why it toggled back to no background cause
in
control-center I had background disabled.

( bye the way Eterm doesn't work with a xv background neither....)

Is there a way of making gnome-terminal aware of non-gnome backgrounds???

Or is there a commandline option to tell gnomemecc (aka control-center) to take a
given
pic as background.

This woould be cool cause I use a launcher to execute a script which display the
random picture
as background using xv and I could change the script to make gnomecc to change the
background.

I loved this, whenever I was bored of the background I was just a mouseclick away
of a new one......

But transparent terminal is very cool to!  Makes the screen look even fancier.....

remo