Re: transparent gnome-terminal and enlightenment

> control-center I had background disabled.
>
> ( bye the way Eterm doesn't work with a xv background neither....)
>
> Is there a way of making gnome-terminal aware of non-gnome backgrounds???

The thing is: the trick consists usually of having a way to get a copy
of the pixmap.  If you just stick the pixmap on the X root window, you
can not fetch it.  So, the trick is to create the pixmap and keep a
pointer on the X server to allow gnome-terminal and Eterm to get their
hands on it.

That is what esetroot and what the gnome control center do.

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org