Re: gnome-terminal exits immediately under Solaris 2.6

> From: Lyndon Drake <lyndon@stat.auckland.ac.nz>

> When I try running gnome-terminal, the border of a window flashes briefly on
> screen.  This is the case whether I am running gnome-session or not.  I tried
> running it under gdb, and it steps through the initilisation without any
> problems, but after entering gtk_main, it quits.

Very odd.  I compile on Solaris 2.6 but run myself on Solaris 8_alpha.  I get
the window popping up OK, but for the last 2 attempts to build GNOME (current
and 1.04 CORE) the window pops up and just sits there with just a flashing
cursor - no prompt.  Everything else seems fine.

This is a shame, coz it worked fine afer we got the deamon problems fixed just
in time for the initial 1.0 release =O(

Could this crash be down to a similar problem with grabbing the pty's that's
been recently introduced?

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub