Re: problem starting gnome-session from gdm

>I just installed the last gnome packages on a PC running RedHat 5.2
>
>I can't start gnome-session from gdm.
>As it is writen in the FAQ, here is the .Xclients file :
>
>#!/bin/bash
>WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/enlightenment
>export WINDOW_MANAGER
>/usr/bin/panel &
>exec /usr/bin/gnome-session
>Unfortunately gnome-session doesn't start but only fvwm.
>
>But if I start X11 via startx with gnome-session in .xinitrc, everything is
>working fine.

I have the exact same problem. My .Xclients file is
exec /usr/bin/gnome-session

But this does not work. I read the /usr/doc/gdm/gdm-manual.txt file. It
mentions the sessions directory in /etc/X11/gdm. In the sessions directory
Defaults is a link to gnome. gnome contains the line
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession gnome

Still gdm always starts the fvwm window manager