Re: The unwanted pagers

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, PL. Miraglia wrote:

> Just installed E 0.15.5 with gnome (libs at 1.0.4). Things are fine but
> everytime I start gnome-session now I get 2 smallish pager-like windows on
> teh desktop (not the panel, which still contains gnome-pager). I can close
> them, but apparently not erase them from the g-session altogether. First
> of all what are these things? 2nd, how can I get them out of the way?

The new pagers are from E and I think they are included in E for a
non-gnome use of E itself (if you hadn't gnome-pager you could switch
desktops only with hotkeys AFAIK).
However they can be annoying if you have gnome, IMO.
After looking at the E source, I found a line (config.c:3199) with

fprintf(autosavefile, "347 %i\n", (int)mode.show_pagers);

so I edited ~/.enlightenment/...e_session-XXXXXX (this is a real name and
not a snipped one: the "..." are in the file name) and searched for a line
with 347 and I found

347 1

which I changed to

347 0

and now I haven't the pagers anymore. I think (and hope) this option will
be inserted in e-conf eventually (if it isn't already on CVS).
Note that I don't know if this is the right way to eliminate pagers, so if
you try it, don't blame me if it has side effects. If you want, backup
~/.enlightenment first ,etc. etc.

Hope this helps!
Zun.