The unwanted pagers

Just installed E 0.15.5 with gnome (libs at 1.0.4). Things are fine but
everytime I start gnome-session now I get 2 smallish pager-like windows on
teh desktop (not the panel, which still contains gnome-pager). I can close
them, but apparently not erase them from the g-session altogether. First
of all what are these things? 2nd, how can I get them out of the way?

Thank you,

--
Pierluigi Miraglia pierlu AT iname.com pmiragli AT kent.edu

The soul has a self-increasing logos (Herakl.)