Re: Repost : problem with gnome themes ... (gtk.themes how to fix)

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 06:16:01PM +0200, Georges-Henry Portefait was heard to say:
> 	+ I have to untar the themes myself, the install themes button does not
> work for me ( it
> 	crashes ( it remains stucked) but I m never logged in as root
>
> 	+ For me the default themes are installed in /usr/local/share/themes/.
> 	If I put any theme in /usr/share/themes/ they do not appear in the
> themes capplet !!
>
> 	+ I checked the files and there permissions they are ok
> 	+ In the preview field of the capplets the thing which changes from
> themes to themes is
> 	the font the widgets does not change, and there no signs of any pixmaps
> on widgets.
>
> Thank you very much for your help, but I guess I need more help :)

  Hmm.  You're probably right about the theme installation directory--it depends
on where you installed GTK+ (on my system it's /usr/local/gnome).  Have
you tried the two themes recently posted on gtk.themes.org (Blue and
Coolness)?  I just downloaded them and they work right after being untarred
(some of the themes there need to be tweaked in various ways to work
correctly).  Try untarring them in /usr/local/share/themes and see whether
they work.  If they do the problems with the other themes are probably not your
fault.:-)

  Aside from broken theme files, the only thing I can think of is that your
engines are confused.  Do the themes shipped with GTK+ (Pixmap, Redmond95, etc)
work for you?

  Daniel

--
THERE IS NO HOPE BUT US.  THERE IS NO JUSTICE BUT US.  ALL THAT IS, IS OURS.
BUT WE MUST CARE.  FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, THEN WE DO NOT EXIST...