[SUBMIT] gnome-core.spec.in

Hello,

I know there has been debate lately about whether people should their own
RPMs or not.  I personally feel it's up to the individual to decide.  Having
up to date .spec's available can make some tester's lives easier.  This is
due to the same reasons that we have package managers in the first place.

At any rate a few people have asked me to submit some updated .spec.in's for
different packages in CVS.  I have gotten it to work quite well for me, so
why not let other people try it.  If the developer's want to include it in
the CVS they are certainly more than welcome.  I'd like to maybe hear some
feedback on whether this is a more flexible .spec.in for the varied setups
out there.

At the moment I have one made for gnome-core (good with latest snapshot), and
I have made ones for the other packages.  I'll submit a little later.. I am
pretty tired tonight.

Mark Hankins

%define ver          @VERSION@
%define rel          1
%define prefix       /usr
# Depending on where you want the sysconfdir to be, uncomment the
# appropriate line below.
#%define sysconfdir   /etc
%define sysconfdir   %{prefix}/etc

Version: %ver
Release: %rel
Copyright: LGPL
Group: System Environment/Libraries
Source: ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/sources/gnome-core/gnome-core-%{ver}.tar.gz
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/gnome-core-root
Obsoletes: gnome

Prereq: /sbin/install-info
Docdir: %{prefix}/doc

Requires: xscreensaver
Requires: gnome-libs >= 1.0.5
Requires: ORBit >= 0.4.2

%description
GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) is a user-friendly
set of applications and desktop tools to be used in conjunction with a
window manager for the X Window System.  GNOME is similar in purpose and
scope to CDE and KDE, but GNOME is based completely on Open Source
software.  The gnome-core package includes the basic programs and
libraries that are needed to install GNOME.

You should install the gnome-core package if you would like to use the
GNOME desktop environment.  You'll also need to install the gnome-libs
package.  If you would like to develop GNOME applications, you'll also
need to install gnome-libs-devel.  If you want to use linuxconf with a
GNOME front end, you'll also need to install the gnome-linuxconf package.

%package devel
Group: Development/Libraries
Requires: gnome-core
PreReq: /sbin/install-info

%description devel
Panel libraries and header files for creating GNOME panels.

%changelog

* Sat Apr 10 1999 Mark Hankins <mhankins@lbl.gov>

- Cleaned up %files section a little more
- Easier to decide what is the 'sysconfdir' now (via sysconfdir macro)
- Minor updates to dependacies

* Sat Nov 21 1998 Pablo Saratxaga <srtxg@chanae.alphanet.ch>

- Cleaned %files section
- added spanish and french translations for rpm

* Wed Sep 23 1998 Michael Fulbright <msf@redhat.com>

- Built 0.30 release

* Fri Mar 13 1998 Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com>

- Integrate into gnome-core CVS source tree

%prep
%setup

%build
%ifarch alpha
  MYARCH_FLAGS="--host=alpha-redhat-linux"
%endif
MYCFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

#
# Comment this out if you don't want to 'sysconfdir' to be /etc
#
#SYSCONFDIR=%{sysconfdir}
#if [ -n $SYSCONFDIR ];then
#  SYSCONFPARAM="--sysconfdir="$SYSCONFDIR
#  %define sysconfdir /etc
#else
#  echo >> /dev/null
#  %define sysconfdir %{prefix}/etc
#fi

# Needed for snapshot releases.

if [ ! -f configure ]; then
  CFLAGS="$MYCFLAGS" ./autogen.sh $MYARCH_FLAGS --prefix=%prefix --sysconfdir=%sysconfdir --localstatedir=/var/lib
else
  CFLAGS="$MYCFLAGS" ./configure $MYARCH_FLAGS --prefix=%prefix --sysconfdir=%sysconfdir --localstatedir=/var/lib
fi

if [ "$SMP" != "" ]; then
  (make "MAKE=make -k -j $SMP"; exit 0)
  make
else
  make
fi

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

# Check to see if we are installing in a shared dir
#if [ -n $SYSCONFDIR ];then
	make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix} sysconfdir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{sysconfdir} install
#else
#	make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix} install
#fi

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig

%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)

%doc AUTHORS COPYING ChangeLog NEWS README
%{prefix}/bin/*
%{prefix}/lib/lib*.so.*
%{prefix}/share/applets
%{prefix}/share/asclock
%{prefix}/share/gnome/apps
%{prefix}/share/gnome/help
%{prefix}/share/idl
%{prefix}/share/mc/templates
%{prefix}/share/locale/*/*/*
%{prefix}/share/pixmaps/*
%{prefix}/share/xmodmap/*
%{sysconfdir}/*
%config %{prefix}/share/panelrc
%config %{prefix}/share/gnome/default.session
%config %{prefix}/share/gnome/default.wm

%files devel
%defattr(-, root, root)

%{prefix}/lib/*.sh
%{prefix}/lib/lib*.so