Re: Pagers and Gnome (was: New Additions to E)

> > From: "Robert M. Hagopian" <hagoprm@itd.ssb.com>
> The main issue, as I understand it, is that to get the pager under the
Gnome
> Panel, E would suddenly have to start being CORBA complient, and thus
require
> ORBit, and then you start throwing in all sorts of other dependencies that
> breaks E's ability to be light and free from these things.

Hmmm, I would have never considered Enlightenment "light" and free of "other
dependencies"!

> The solution is *not* to fix up E to work with Gnome, but to fix up the/a
Gnome
> Pager to work with E.

So now Gnome has to be Enlightenment-compliant ? I thought it was the other
way around... Since Enlightenment is practically the official windowmanager
of Gnome (according to RedHat), why is E adding things that are already
provided by Gnome ? According to RedHat's labs page, Rasterman is the person
maintaining the gnome pager.