Re: Pagers and Gnome (was: New Additions to E)

> From: "Hall" <dhs@erinet.com>

> Hmmm, I would have never considered Enlightenment "light" and free of "other
> dependencies"!

Well, OK - point taken =O)  Making it even *more* dependent then.  I got
Enlightenment up and running on Solaris fairly easily, and on RedHat Linux 5.1
even easier, so I don't think it was too bad.

> So now Gnome has to be Enlightenment-compliant ? I thought it was the other
> way around... Since Enlightenment is practically the official windowmanager
> of Gnome (according to RedHat), why is E adding things that are already
> provided by Gnome ? According to RedHat's labs page, Rasterman is the person
> maintaining the gnome pager.

No - just make a Gnome Pager that *can* be E complient.  No need to touch Gnome
as a whole.  There's an FVWM-pager already, isn't there?  Same thing for E.

Only better.

And if Raster is in charge of the Gnome-Pager already - well, we can dream,
can't we?

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub