Re: Why I am getting -g from configure ?

The default settings for configure scripts is to use the -g and -O2 flags
for gcc compilers.  This is because the resulting executables are much
more useful for reporting bugs.  Note that the executables will only take
up more room on disk -- not in memory.  If you really don't want debugging
info in your executables, set the CFLAGS environment variable
appropriately before calling configure or autogen.sh.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/