Mouse madness (Re: praise...)

I have reported this bug a few times in the past. I have a bit more
information about it, but not a reproducible scenario, unfortunately.

What I know is this. It is caused by something in between Gnome (core
or libs) RPM release 1.0.1 and 1.0.3. It is not related to gmc, or any
single Gnome app in particular, the mouse freeze can happen when
using any application.

I just helped a friend install Linux for the first time on his machine.
When I got Gnome 1.0.3-12/Enlightenment 0.15.3 running the first thing I
did was try to induce the mouse freeze. I did a number of right-clicks and
"rescan mountable devices" and then went to click on the foot menu. The
last click was never executed. The desktop was in a full mouse lock, and
killing various programs on the desktop did not remedy the problem.

My friend AD has reported that he got "the lock" several more times today
and used X escapes (cntrl-alt-bkspace) to get out of it.

It may be a problem with E, that would make sense. It may be a something
else, but it definately was introduced between the Gnome 1.0.1 and 1.0.3
rpm releases. I have machines running both versions: those running 1.0.1
are fine, those with 1.0.3 exhibit the mouse lock behavior.

Neither AD nor I can reliably reproduce the problem, but we are paying
attention to the problem and will hopefully find a way to reproduce it.

Take care,
-FDS