Re: Misc bugs

On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 06:09:09PM +0000, Haukur Hreinsson was heard to say:
> o The pager's window list (the one that pops up when you click the up
> arrow) has a tendency to misbehave just after use. Say I use it to
> select window on another screen of the desktop. The display warps to the
> appropriate screen, the window list stays visible, (I think it would be
> better for it to disappear at this point, but that's another story), I
> click the window I just selected in the list, and now the window list
> jumps to such a location that the centre of its bottom edge is at the
> point where I clicked. This happens only some of the time, but fairly
> frequently.

  I've seen this one too.  I've noticed that if I switch desktops, the panel
and associated windows (like the window list) flicker (that is, vanish entirely)
momentarily right after the switch, presumably as Enlightenment does something
do them to make them properly part of the new desktop (?), and then redraw
themselves.  The fact that this is visually annoying aside, if I have the window
list open, switch desktops by clicking on a button in it, and then click
immediately (before everything is properly redrawn), the window list vanishes
and reappears where I clicked.  It's easier to do this when my system's under
heavy load (eg, when I'm recompiling my Gnome tree. :-) )

  Another minor thing: if "minimized windows appear on all desktops" is set,
minimized icons should probably appear in the 'sticky' section of the window
list.

  There also appears to be a crash+clobbering of preferences if I try to open
the Preferences dialog more than once (I just discovered this while writing this
message so I don't have a backtrace, once Gnome finishes recompiling I'll try
to get one)

  Daniel