Re: Desktop context menus and icons should be Gnome intrinsic, not tied to gmc.

+++ Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 09:28:32PM +0100 +++
James Green e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
[desktop icons]
> The average end user isn't going to care; I just don't want to have to
> run additional apps on top of gnome to get the desktop icons, something
> I consider paramount to getting Windows users over to Linux desktops.

...which is not the #1 reason why Gnome exists. Gnome is not only for
Linux, and Gnome is not only for converted Windows users.

[desktop icons NOT part of gmc]
> P.S. I agree to the functionality suggested in the subject header, and
> IMO it should be in Gnome.

The way desktop icons are handled by gmc at the moment already looks
quite satisfactory to me. One may discuss whether it's logical to have
that functionality in the file manager - I for one think it's OK,
after all, they're files, aren't they? I can live with the way it's
done at the moment.

mawa
--
When you look at yourself in an aberrational mirror, you see your real
self, looking back at the twisted you.