Re: Another GMC suggestion/request

This is sort of correct. MSExplorer behaves as follows (which I must admit
I really like):
hit a letter and it jumps to that part of the list. Continue to type a
file name and it continues to home in on the file name you are typing. If
you briefly stop typing (.2 sec or so) it forgets the word you typed so
that the next character instructs it to go to the files that start with
that char.

eg: if you are in windows in the C:\ drive view and type (case
insensitive) "prog" it will have jumped down to select the "C:\Program
Files" directory. If you were to wait for a moment and then type "w" it
would select "C:\windows"
In this way it is similar to bash with tab completion. If I want to go to
C:\windows\system and I have a "c:\" window open, I can type
"win[enter]sys[enter]" In bash I could say cd /us[tab]loc[tab][enter] to
get to /usr/local/
at the moment getting to a directory in gmc is a bit of a pain in
comparison.

--Ben