Re: Gnome with slackware

This would do it, but is unnecessary.  With this particular problem,
simply delete the copy of glib.m4 in /usr/share/aclocal and do (if you're
running BASH) export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal"  Unless
I'm confusing problems here, this should do it.

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Alex G. Paoli wrote:

> > Has anyone successfully installed gnome on a Slackware linux system, or a system that
> > doesn't have gnome packages prebuilt for it? I'm getting the following error while
> > compiling gnome-libs and a prebuilt convertrgb for a libc5-based system or an explaination
> > of the error would be very helpful:
>

> Yes I have. I dont use any packages.. It makes ppl to dependant on them
> (Flames = /dev/null).... Now here is a suggestion
>
> Remove all instances of glib, gtk gdk imlib gdk_imlib... Use the ol'
> locate .. updatedb trick and make sure you remove ALL occurances of it..
> THEN reinstall
>
> glib 1.1.3
> gtk 1.1.2
>

> etc. etc.
>
> That should work for you... Typically gnome wont work if you have stagnent
> .a or .so files laying around... also make sure you gtk etc.etc is in your
> ld.so.conf (like im sure you already know)
>
> Alex G. Paoli
>

> --

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
underdark.home.ml.org

Author, ModIC:            www.elpaso.net/~spoon/modic
CoMaintainer, yagIRC:     yagirc.home.ml.org
Staff Writer, Advocate:   www.elpaso.net/~spoon/advocate

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to teach him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think different."
                     -Friedrich Nietzsche