Re: Gnome with slackware

> Has anyone successfully installed gnome on a Slackware linux system, or a system that
> doesn't have gnome packages prebuilt for it? I'm getting the following error while
> compiling gnome-libs and a prebuilt convertrgb for a libc5-based system or an explaination
> of the error would be very helpful:

Yes I have. I dont use any packages.. It makes ppl to dependant on them
(Flames = /dev/null).... Now here is a suggestion

Remove all instances of glib, gtk gdk imlib gdk_imlib... Use the ol'
locate .. updatedb trick and make sure you remove ALL occurances of it..
THEN reinstall

glib 1.1.3
gtk 1.1.2

etc. etc.

That should work for you... Typically gnome wont work if you have stagnent
.a or .so files laying around... also make sure you gtk etc.etc is in your
ld.so.conf (like im sure you already know)

Alex G. Paoli