Re: DPMS and screensavers (was Re: Background-props problems and suggestions)

To get the screensaver to come on after a set time, use xautolock:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X11/screensavers/xautolock-pl13.tz

To enable DPMS, add:

xset +dpms suspend [time]

to your .xinitrc.  Mine is 'xset +dpms suspend 15'

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/    | to restore a corrupt Registry.