Re: ANNOUNCE: gnome-select-paper Widget

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > - I donīt know what the printing model in GNOME will be. The
> >   select-paper Widget only helps in selecting some kind of paper and
> >   setting this as a user default paper. But the functionality of
> >   querying the default papersize should belong into the libgnome, or
> >   in a standalone library (libpaper), or into the printing model.
>
> Raph Levien's printing architecture model is what we are settling on
> for GNOME.  I suggest you get in touch with him so that you coordinate
> the integration of your widget with his Gnome-Paper code.
>
> Raph, can you tell him where the gnome printing API draft is stored?
> I do not know if you want that document published to the world yet.

The draft is at http://www.levien.com/gnome/print-arch.html . I have no
problems with the document being widely distributed, although some parts
will need to be revised slightly (for example, it's currently not
possible to use text as a clip path). Also, some of the sections are
fairly vague.

Also please look at the gnome-print code. The latest release is at
http://www.levien.com/gnome/gnome-print-0.0.1.tar.gz . I will be
checking it into CVS as soon as it's clear where it should go.

> Happilly no code has been duplicated.

Indeed:) From the sound of it, the paper-select widget should fit
fairly nicely into gnome-print.

Raph