Re: gnome-xml configure error

Ian Peters <itp-gnome-list@geodesic.res.cmu.edu> writes:
> I am trying to compile gnumeric, which requires gnome-xml.  When I try
> to configure gnome-xml (./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/gnome), I get
> the normal configure output, up to:
>
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> ltconfig: unrecognized option `--no-reexec'
> Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> configure: error: libtool configure failed
>
> Now type 'make' to compile gnome-xml.
>
> Does anyone know where this error stems from, or what I should do to
> fix it?

This happens when you have `libtool.m4' from a newer (beta) libtool, but
have `ltconfig/ltmain.sh' from an older libtool.

Since you get this error w/ `autogen', which runs libtoolize, looks like
you have two versions of libtoolize in your path, and the libtool.m4 is
from a different tree from the `libtoolize'.

- Hari