gtk+10 and glib10 ?

I installed the 0.30 release yesterday (rpm) and I had to remove gtk och
glib 1.0.4 that I had installed, to be able to install gtk10-* and glib10-*.
There were conflicts between some files in the different releases, and
upgrade obviously didn't work.

Now gimp doesn't work, complaining over some library function missing:
register_frame_info (or something similar).

Why has the names of gtk and glib 1.0.x changed like that? Do the libraries
differ from the "real" gtk and glib required to run gimp? Is it just the way
it is, or will I be able to run my dear gimp again? =)

Otherwise, I really like this release, the panel looks a lot better than
0.27/0.28, even though it seems to be very prone to crashing, especially
when playing with swallowable apps, (asload for example) but maybe that is
very experimental so far.

Regards,
  Richard