Re: gnome-xml configure error

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Hi Ian,
>
> > I am trying to compile gnumeric, which requires gnome-xml.  When I try
> > to configure gnome-xml (./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/gnome), I get
> > the normal configure output, up to:
> >
> > checking whether ln -s works... yes
> > ltconfig: unrecognized option `--no-reexec'
> > Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> > configure: error: libtool configure failed
>
>   Hum, I'm surprised, the configure.in include the following macros
> AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
>
> AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
>
> I don't explicitely ask for symlinks but I guess libtool does, so I
> would tend to guess the AM_PROG_LIBTOOL is the one emitting the error.
> maybe you shoudl upgrade your libtool installation, I have:
> ~ -> rpm -q libtool
> libtool-1.0h-2
> ~ ->
>
> Daniel

also I've just edited the configure script and removed the --no-reexec
option from the libtool line... and seems to work fine for me.
I've done that with all sorts of apps that say that when running
configure. I have libtool-1.2a and I get that as an unrecognized option.
With 1.0h I didnt though.  From the looks of it, the removed that option.
since 1.0h...

sar

Exerpt from a Micro$oft commercial:
	How many 6 year olds does it take to develop software?

Survey says:
	between 95 and 98.

Also stated from a researcher from M$:
	The idea isn't to be efficient, its to have better lives.