Re: Problems with Balsa and a few suggestions

just fyi, there is a balsa-list@gnome.org  (balsa-list-request@gnome.org to
subscribe)

At 04:17 PM 9/24/98 +0000, Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Michael A. Hess wrote:
>>Richard Hult wrote:
>>>
>>> I just compiled Balsa from the 980924 snap at ftp.jimpick.com. It works
a lot better than 0.4.5 but I can't get it to show new messages in my local
mailbox. I have to exit balsa and start it again for new mails to display
in the inbox.

Yes, this is a bug.  I will try and address these things this weekend.

>I am very new to gnome and its suite but I like it very much.
Thanks ;)

>I was just going through the mailing list when I heard of the new snapshot of
>balsa. I went and fetched it but there is no configure file there (onlly
>configure.in) and the instruction says to run configure.
run autogen.sh

>I guess I should do something to regenerate this file but I don'r really know
>how (I am pretty bad about this autoconfig stuff). What should I do ?
>
>Also, I tried to run balsa 0.4.5 but I didn't see any way (nor any docs)
saying
>how to use a POP3  server. Is there somewhere I could get some pointers ?
0.4.5 didn't really work except for local mailboxes.
0.4.7 works better for local and pop3 is nicer, but the bug above still
exists.  IMAP in 0.4.7 is totally broken due to me restructuring it and
havn't completed this yet.  So if you use IMAP, use 0.4.5 to create the
config file and 0.4.7 to load these mailboxes..  basically imap mailboxes
should work if added to the conf manually, but they won't work if added via
the config thingy.