Re: Questions about Gnome project

Soren Harward wrote:

> GTK has themes.  That alone is enough for me to prefer it over Qt.
> Qt is still nice, but when you're tired of looking at grey buttons,
> widgets, and window backgrounds, there's only one way to go.

I'm not sure I agree here. Aren't themes just eye candy? (I'm
not saying they are; different people work in different ways,
and perhaps different themes will help people to customise the
computer to their tastes and be more productive).

Now much resources do themes use? Does the themes functionality
in KDE cost a lot in terms of code size, API complexity for
developers, RAM useage, and CPU usage?

--
Phil Hunt                   phil@oyster.co.uk
Oyster Systems Ltd    http://www.oyster.co.uk