Re: word processor document format: what parts?

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Christopher Curtis wrote:

> I've been trying to ignore this thread, but here are my thoughts on a word
> processor.  First of all, again, ignore MS.  Please *do*not* try to
> duplicate Word.

Bob will be duplicating Word.  Start your own project, and then let's
see what components we can share between us!  Can we agree on an API for
the spellchecker component?  How do we export/import to/from different
file formats?  How do we embed Gnumeric documents in our documents?
How do we do print preview?  Let's start talking about these issues rather
than telling each other what kinds of programs we can or can't design, and
what kind of programs we should or should not be using.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net