Re: compiling gnome

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Alex I. Tkachenko wrote:

> IMO, setting ACLOCAL_FLAGS prior
> to running autogen.sh is the prefered way of installation to /whatever and
> this step should be clearly stated in FAQ.

Ok, you're in the queue.  You will receive confirmation when the actual
change is made.

> So I need custom shell scripts, replacing gettext macros there with sed
> before installation, setting proper environment,  and running
> autogen.sh with proper flags - one script per package, I treat them as
> meta-autogen.sh :)

Seems a little crazy sometimes.  Do you ever wonder if computers are
just duct-tape all the way down?

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net