Re: Word Processors

tim said:

>This is the amazing thing about WPs in the bussiness environment today.
>Word Processors are a black hole of productivity. Employees are going to
>the trouble to mark up documents with fancy headers, bold, underline,
>double column callouts, etc.

As a graphic designer *and* programmer, I'd have to agree with this. Most
people just don't understand the concept of document structure/styles.
Even many graphic designers I know haven't grasped this concept.

XML and CSS are very particularly interesting to me because they bring much
needed functionality to the wacky world of HTML and web-based applications.
So far, I've used XML for data-transfer between client and server
processes, and have convinced our editorial and design groups to embrace
CSS and template-driven layout. Joy.

I think the Gnome people should continue to keep XML as a high priority. I
haven't checked it out yet, but that is my next step. I have finally got
the panel up and running on my mkLinux box.

On another note, is there any Gnome-related project that involves CSS?

-Josh