Re: Word Processors

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Steve Luzynski wrote:

> I believe that the major objection most folks have is that they feel
> like Microsoft thinks that grown adults need cute cartoons to be able to
> operate software. If the same functionality had been implemented as a
> simple popup somewhere it would probably have been hailed as a great
> advance in UI.

My objection goes more along the line of "You're using my memory for
A TALKING PAPERCLIP!??!?!?!".  *sigh*  I guess I'm just a dinosaur at the
age of 26 -- but my Vic20 had <5K of memory.  And it worked.  Culture
shock.

Patrick

If we're to have any luck stanching the vain drain, we just have to
let nerds be nerds...  Owen Edwards, Forbes Magazine