Re: Word Processors

DECwrite was a DEC version of Frame (i.e., DEC bought the sources),
with a slightly busted but still usable DECwindows UI.  DEC added a
bunch of CDA crap that made it more unwieldy than it needed to be, but
failed to completely break it.  Frame is indeed awesome, and is
available for many unix machines, but unfortunately not for any i386
unices.  It's also surprisingly expensive, but totally worth it if
you're going to be doing any serious word processing.

I really wish they'd come out with a version for Linux, but don't hold
your breath - it'd cost more than many peoples' computers, so I think
they figure there's not enough of a market to justify the effort.

			       _MelloN_