Re: gnome win32

> please do something usefulk and work on improving gnome and gtk and
> apps etc instead of just adding lots of #ifdef __WIN32's to the code.

Where is this coming from?  Your idea of useful and my idea of useful
are not the same, nor should they be.

If I choose to spend time making Gtk work on Win32, this won't be time
taken away from Gtk development - Gtk development isn't what I do.
You don't get to choose what projects I work on, and to some extent
neither do I - I have to deal with the fact that there is substantial
demand for software on Win32 platforms, and I don't want to beat
myself bloody trying to pretend that's not so - I'd rather just make
it painless for people to migrate away from Win32.

So getting the Gtk API to work on Windoze won't take time away from
any Gtk hacking I might otherwise do.  Instead, it'll be time taken
away from creating some other abstraction so that I can write a
program that works equally well on Win32 and Unix.

That's your choice.  Which would you prefer, given that choice?

			       _MelloN_