Re: How to keep windows from maximizing over the panel

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 03:26:10PM -0400, Tim Moore wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to make a window manager (any window manager!)
> avoid obscuring the panel when maximizing windows? I'm trying to convert
> my LinuxPPC box at home from KDE to GNOME, and I don't like how the panel
> keeps getting hidden (which KWM avoids). I don't really care what WM I use
> -- I'm new enough to Linux to not have a religious preference ;-)
>
> TIA,
> Tim

unfortunately, panel is not window manager friendly.  it's override redirect
which basically ignores the window manager, and doesn't give the window manager
much clue as to its existance.

--
Geoff Harrison (http://mandrake.net)
Senior Systems Engineer