Wierd idea

 Is it possible to tell when a window has been updated by another
application ? I was just thinking that it would be nice to have an
omnipresent dockapp that you could get to light up, when an application
refreshes (netscape downloads, balsa detects a new email).

 Can it be done ? Or, would it be more something for the desktop software,
to have some way that applications could register with the panel, and say
"My status is now pending user input", or "My status is now ALERT" ?

 This would be neat...or has it been done, and discarded as silly ?

Kate

--
 "I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
    We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

John "Kate" Looney, Horizon Open Systems. Sun Microsystems distributor and
Support centre. Hotline: [+353 1 8055700] Web http://www.hos.horizon.ie/