Re: Java Bindings

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Nearly every Java application or library uses the method naming scheme from
> > Sun JavaSoft (no underscore, inner words capitalized), so I'm a bit
> > reluctant about using the C underscore naming convention, the Java code
> > would look really strange.
>
> It would make it easier for seasoned Gtk programmers and it would be
> mroe consistent with the tutorials and such.

Yes, but I suspect that the majority of people likely to use the
Java-Gnome bindings will be Java programmers interested in Gnome rather
than Gnome programmers interested in java.

Also, all of the other libraries in Java are structured using this
naming convention so the code would be a mish-mash of conventions
anyway. Much better to stick with the java naming scheme IMHO.

Cheers,

Phil.

P.S. Usually I prefer underscores to capitialisation ;)