Re: W3C as opensource "provider"

[Gnomers, I hope this won't put an end to my involvment in the project
 but definitely won't help. I guess you guys need to be aware of this
 and how it can affect W3C global policy w.r.t. the free software movement]

  Eric,

   Let me tell you that this kind of attitude definitely sucks !

I understand better how people living in the real world and trying to push
OpenSource within their organization got pissed off ! I have been running
linux since March 92 0.12, I have always provided resources for linux
I was the first LDP mirror in France, and always made a point to write
free software and help people running Linux. I am doing my best to be able
to continue this within  W3C and you probably ruined quite some of my efforts
here with a pedantic answer. Richard Stallman visit us often and definitely
is less blind as you seem, at least we can talk and reach agreements with
him.

  Your IMHO stupid answer, definitely harm my action within W3C, and
I definitely think that the consequences of your act should be made public !
I hope I will still be able to provide code for Gnome and the services
on rufus.w3.org I am maintaining for nearly one year now.

  Daniel

Quoting Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com):

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, rpm2html,