Re: Finally have Gnome installed on HP workstation

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Dan Newcombe wrote:

>   After a week of hair pulling, making me balder than before,

And that's saying something.  8^)

> I *FINALLY*
> have Gnome installed on my HP B180L workstation, running HPUX 10.20.
> (Hey, give me PA-RISC Linux, and I'll play with it! :)

As I recall, MkLinux runs on the PA-RISC.

> The Gnome parts were pretty easy - the worst part was to compile gnome
> lib, core, etc... I needed to install another package, which itself needed
> another two packages, each of which needed 4 extra packages and so on.
> I even had to move to gcc 2.8 to get Mico on here.

You should try compiling everything out of CVS, Dan.  Check out the GNOME
FAQ for info on how to do all of that.  In particular, the use of MICO is
discouraged in favor of ORBit.

> But I am now happily Gnomed.
>
> Thanks for all the good work.  Hopefully, time permitting, I'll be able to
> come up with a decent little app or few.

Looking forward to it!

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net