Re: A recent problem. . .

>> You have two copies of the .m4 files used by automake/autoconf
>> installed.

Michael> I have to say that I find it very odd that a single
Michael> duplicated copy of 'gimp.m4' can cripple the entire
Michael> compilation process.  I never really gave the duplicated
Michael> macro errors a second thought; I assumed that automake would
Michael> just pick one of the files and be done with it.

aclocal used to work this way.  People complained that it caused a
problem: aclocal would sometimes pick the wrong macro, and they would
end up with a subtly buggy aclocal.m4.  I added the error in response
to these complaints.

I'm willing to change aclocal to do something smarter.  Any
suggestions?

Tom