Re: A recent problem. . .
- From: Raja R Harinath <harinath cs umn edu>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- Cc: Michael Bruce <bruce infinet com>, Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: A recent problem. . .
- Date: 30 Oct 1998 12:09:38 -600
Tom Tromey <email@example.com> writes:
> >>>>> "Michael" == Michael Bruce <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> >> You have two copies of the .m4 files used by automake/autoconf
> >> installed.
> Michael> I have to say that I find it very odd that a single
> Michael> duplicated copy of 'gimp.m4' can cripple the entire
> Michael> compilation process. I never really gave the duplicated
> Michael> macro errors a second thought; I assumed that automake would
> Michael> just pick one of the files and be done with it.
> aclocal used to work this way. People complained that it caused a
> problem: aclocal would sometimes pick the wrong macro, and they would
> end up with a subtly buggy aclocal.m4. I added the error in response
> to these complaints.
> I'm willing to change aclocal to do something smarter. Any
- Pick the highest serial #
- Pick the first in the search path (--acdir is last).
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ email@example.com
"When all else fails, read the instructions." -- Cahn's Axiom
"Our policy is, when in doubt, do the right thing." -- Roy L Ash
] [Thread Prev