gtk-engines

Ran across something I can't figure out here.

When configuring gtk-engine, (./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome) I get the
following:

configuring in pixmap
running /bin/sh ./configure  --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
./configure: line 531: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE,'
./configure: line 531: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE, $VERSION, no-define)'
configure: error: ./configure failed for pixmap

I know about as much about automake as I do about swahili (and as you can
tell I don't even know how to spell that) and there seems to be nothing I
could find about it searchin' the FAQ...  any ideas?

Spauldo

"Yeah, I used to be into necrophelia, bestiality and sadism, but then I
realized I was just flogging a dead horse."