Re: Panel and applet properties won't get saved

This might not be it, but, look anyways.

Make sure .gnome (etc) in your ~ dir is owned by the user and not root or
someone else. I had this problem as well when I compiled and ran a test
program first as root (sudo bash root, where the actual user was myself).

When I chowned it back to myself all saved fine.

I know this is a stupid attempt to find you prob. But hey who knows !

Alex Paoli