Re: Documentation

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 adam@cybertrails.com wrote:

> 	Maybe all the interested parties should sit down and draw up
> a proposal for how to organize the effort?

I am quite interested in seeing this happen. I will once again suggest
keeping a gnome-docs module in CVS. With directories development,
applications, shared. In shared we could put stuff like the GNOME logo,
copyright notices (GPL), etc that should appear in most of the
documentation.

Under applications we would stick each top level module that contains
applications and their documentation. I don't know about cases like gEdit
where the application is also just a gtk app. But for the gnome only apps
i think this could be accomplished alternatively setup cvs to have a
module with just the gEdit documentation and use CVS magic to include it
in both gnome-docs and gEdit.

Well, enough rambeling on from me. Yes, I have made this suggestion in the
past and not acted on it mostly becaus I don't know enough about CVS, so I
will read up on it over the weekend.

Martin

Martin Wahlén		Sound Foundation Inc.	    tel.    +46 (40) 454136
mwahlen@soundfound.com  Ringv. 1
www.soundfound.com      236 35 Höllviken