Re: GNOME Town Council

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Greg S. Hayes wrote:

>         I really like this idea. A voting system with comments could easily
> give developers a sense of "why" or "why not" the programs are gaining
> acceptance. It could also provide a new form of feedback to explain why
> some things aren't implemented. A system like this would probably reduce
> many of the flooded mailboxes that we developers are used to. Many of
> the comments I've received when I do active development are the same...
> and it gets to be a pain to answer the same question again and again.

I disagree; voting is bad.  As for reducing list volume, having a separate
newbies list would cut gnome-list volume by >50%.

>         I think building an advanced SlashDot like voting system with
> comments
> and a TODO list would help centralize and motivate the community.

Centralized program comments, TODO lists, etc., would be nice, if someone
wanted to build the infrastructure to do it.  JASMOP.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net