GNOME Town Council

> One good thing is maybe something like a task/feature list on the web,
> where people can vote what feature/ideas/application they like.
> (i.e. http://www.gnu.org/prep/tasks_toc.html , although the have no
> voting system)

        I really like this idea. A voting system with comments could
easily
give developers a sense of "why" or "why not" the programs are gaining
acceptance. It could also provide a new form of feedback to explain why
some things aren't implemented. A system like this would probably reduce
many of the flooded mailboxes that we developers are used to. Many of
the comments I've received when I do active development are the same...
and it gets to be a pain to answer the same question again and again.
        I think building an advanced SlashDot like voting system with
comments
and a TODO list would help centralize and motivate the community.

Greg Hayes